The Whispering of a Palestinian Child:


Bitter cold, sick and yet I cannot make a sound. My coughs are swallowed and my chest feels like it is about to burst. Burst out of fear, illness and pain…but something I have rarely felt is hatred, and yet it feels like it runs through my blood…only for those who killed my family. Now I am alone and the goose bumps are prickling through my skin. It is dark in here. Small confinements have always scared me, but I am not alone. God is with me. If they find this place, the worst that they can do is kill me as they did everyone else in my village. I am only 12 years old, but feel as if I bare the burden of three painful lifetimes. I have no hopes of a future ever presenting itself to my saddened and once eager heart.

All I can think of is surviving one more day. My world has crumbled on my head…I was sitting in my room when the bomb hit…now I am stuck with one of my legs crunching with every movement I make under a beam that used to be our roof…the Earth under me is nerve tingling and the quiet around me nerve wracking. Why doesn’t anyone want to understand that I need to go home…this rubble is not home?! My home where Mama and Baba will be ready to greet me with no worries and our olive trees growing strong? How we are the terrorists when tanks exist in our streets and bombs fly through the air? My father died trying to make a better future for us, in America they call it a “suicide bomber”…here he is a martyr, he wanted to insure our well being and if that meant his death…he felt that it was the least he could do. Now we are alone, and the world is condemning our will to live. I just don’t understand, why is the WORLD so BLIND? We have been dehumanized and herded to our deaths…and the WORLD just WATCHES. A sick morbid delight it seems to take at watching our blood spew from our bodies alighted by faces of determination and terror combined. It is not fair…why must we suffer for who we are proud to be? The once chained are the ones to chain. We are imprisoned with no hope but death itself... and the world lives on…


Above is a Photo Shop image I put together


Comments

Popular Posts