My Father's Voice: A Sweetness in the Wind


Words pour from his mouth like velvet into the thin dew-filled air, calling to my heart and closely enwrapping my entire being from head to toe. The beautiful intonations of the Qur’an fill the house with its sweetness. I lay in my warm bed listening with my eyes closed wishing that Saturday would never end…

Softly swaying in the breeze, the branches reach for the omniscient skies and whisper secret prayers to the One above. The roots are strong and the soil is nourished by the words of the Qur’an…its victuals are composed of the teachings of the Prophet Mohammad and his brother Prophets (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon them). I am a mere chip of wood from the smallest branch of that tree.


Comments

  1. I was wondering: You know how ur allowed to wear socks for 24 hours after Wudu and so you dont have to wash the feet over and over if u keep the socks on....well, wouldnt the same thing apply for nail polish? if you clean the nails while making Wudu, then immediatley put on polish to seal in the cleanliness, couldnt you also keep this on for 24 hours? I know we are not supposed to adorn ourselves with bright colored polishes, but i feeel happy and femenine when i have nice clear polished shiny nails. What do u think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here and we will upload them right when we get them. They will be reposted under this page. Thanks for your time and interest on the topic! ~Just Ask A Muslim

Popular Posts