Model Cameron Russell speaking at TED


Dear Reader,

I enjoyed this lecture for various reasons. The main reason was her honest views of how the world defines beauty and the power that this has on our simple minds. I have posted this to make a strong point. As a Muslim woman that walks around day-in day-out covering myself, I have to say that I am truly a happy woman. The need to be impressively thinner, whiter, taller and all around the opposite of what I am, are not urges that drives my very existence. I don't want to be judged for superficial aspects of myself. I want to be seen and heard because of who I am. I want to be respected for what I believe and am passionate about. Please watch this lecture. It isn't long, but can make all the difference in your life.






Thanks for coming by!

~Mona

Comments

Popular Posts