Reflections: this is OUR America!

Image result for flag


Yesterday I took my children to a protest.  We were welcomed with open arms, hearts and minds.  We were overwhelmed at the amount of support and love that we felt from total strangers.  From people saying, "If they come for you, they better make room for me" to "Thank you for being here".  This is the America that we believe in. This is the country that people fought to protect and make great.  We were never not-great...we have always been great.   Yes, we have had our rocky moments to greatness, but to say that this Orange Troll and his posse can make us "great again" is ridiculous.  This took centuries to perfect.  Through their hate, 45 has made us see our greatness. I'm not giving this joker any credit, but I am saying, "Wow America, how WE shine!"  We need to stay resolute and strong. 

Through his hate, I have held tighter to my hijab.  My hijab has always been my religious statement, but now it is a political one as well.  Through their hate I know that we are right.  We are stronger than them.  We will always be stronger than them.  There is always hope.  There is always strength in numbers...and our numbers far outweigh theirs! 

Without immigrants America would not and could not be America.  Keep banning Muslims and see who will save your life in ERs. Keep banning us and see patriotism, kindness and love slip through your tiny little hands.

Always and Forever a Fighter
Peace be with you all,

Mona

Comments

Popular Posts